Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mornings with Mickey and my favorite cookbooks ever


Today marks the first day of summer for me! Finals are finally over and I can't wait to get some stuff done! Right before work today I decided to break out my favorite cookbooks, there is something about cooking that not only nourishes the stomach but also the soul. After finals and working all week I needed some of that nourishment!

My all time favorite cookbooks are "The Moosewood Cookbook" and "The Enchanted Broccoli Forest" both by Molly Katzen. Although I'm not vegetarian I LOVE these books(If you want bacon, add bacon!)

The books focus on good, wholesome organic cooking and are completely handwritten and hand illustrated by the author herself with heart-achingly beautiful drawings and mouthwatering recipes. Nothing compares to a Zucchini and cheese encrusted pizza or a crunchy peach pie. Nothing. I credit these books for teaching me how to cook! Seriously I can't give them enough praise!

I have also recently been starting every morning by taking the dog out into the garden(he can be trusted without a leash) It's a wonderful feeling to wake up, walk around barefoot on a warm patio and enjoy the space you have created.


Life is good, things are simple. I'm thankful for what I have and work everyday towards creating more beauty in my life and the lives of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment