Sunday, March 20, 2011

Everybody's working for the weekend


Things have been hectic this spring break, I worked nearly everyday! Tomorrow is my first day off and I am so excited to catch some sleep, wake up and have breakfast in the sunroom, take the dog to the vet(and on some extended walks) and simply relax for a few hours. Today after work I made a cheap floral arrangement with a few Texas native plants

The Anaqua's are blooming all over the old part of the city(where I live) The tree's have these amazing cluster's of white star shaped flowers and are breathtaking every time I look out the window! It's amazing how you don't notice something so beautiful until a certain point in your life. 

I cut some of those and paired them with some Blue Bonnets the Texas wildflower(ILLEGAL to cut, except I grew them so HAH!) in a low sphere shaped vase to give off a bonsai effect.

The Anaqua blossom's were free and the Bluebonnet's cost $2.49 for a six pack back when I planted them in winter. The vase was thrifted and the seashell's inside it were picked up on the beach. Beauty is as expensive as you make it, native plant's are unique to the area and make fantastic floral arrangements. So get out there,find something that makes you happy when you look at it and then incorporate its elements into your life. Happiness is contagious.

No comments:

Post a Comment