Tuesday, March 8, 2011

SAND STEALER!!!


The charge for stealing sand off of the city beach here in Corpus Christi is 25 to life. Not really, but it could be illegal. Who knows. I spent the day shoveling bags and bags of sand and hauling them up the seawall to my car(HEAVY!). Why? All for the base of the patio/pergola/dining area that I'm building out in the garden. My little mantra while I was shoveling sand goes something like this "You want to be a designer, you want to be a designer, you want to be a designer..." Needless to say, I got it done after two trips, a guy yelling "SAND STEALER!!!" at me and various ackward looks from evening joggers. Tomorrow I start setting the bricks for my brand new patio!

In other news, I have a new and wonderful addition to my life. Mickey!(Pictured here with subzero eyes...) I adopted this little guy a few days ago and I couldn't be happier. He's a three year old Lhasa Apso(mix I think, but the humane society said he was pure. I don't care!) It's great to come home to some life and not just a quite apartment. I love him already.

No comments:

Post a Comment