Don't waste your time or money on any of those expensive compost bins you see in magazines or online, Make this. It only took about 15 minutes to throw together and it works wonder's for your garden!
Here's what you need:
- A large plastic trashcan with a lid(I used an old one I had lying around)
- The kind of drill bit you would use to drill a doorknob hole. If you don't have this size just use the largest size drill bit you have. The more hole's the better, ventilation is key with composting.
- Metal Screening
- Staple gun
Alright, have everything you need?
- Grab your trashcan and drill hole's all over it, including the bottom.
- Cut screen to the appropriate size.
- Staple over the holes to allow for ventilation but keep your precious compost in.
It should look something like this:
Please IGNORE all those dead plant's in the back, I swear I'm a better gardener than that! We just had a bad freeze here that wiped out some of my plants. :(
So, there you go! You should be on your way to a healthier, happier garden in no time!