Saturday, February 5, 2011

Chevron and garlic plants


I spent last night in my good friend Olivia's new apartment, sleeping on the carpeted floor in her room and dreaming about a chevron pattern accent wall behind a beautiful headboard. We talked for a long time about our relationships and the process of growing up. It was necessary talk, the sort of talk that only two friends who have been through thick and thin together could have.

Today I went to a seminar at my new job, a local plant nursery here in Corpus Christi. I can tell I'm really going to enjoy working there. If there are two things I understand it's plants and plant people! An unusual experience happened after the seminar. As I was walking by this elderly woman she called me "Hey skip!" I turned around and she told me she was going to be bringing me garlic to plant and that she was so happy to see young men interested in plants. We shook hands and she introduced herself as "Jane Johnson, but you can call me J.J." The most interesting part to me was that I didn't tell her I was going to be working there until after she offered me garlic, She just kinda knew I guess. Sometimes you meet people that change your life in seconds with no real reason and give you a whole new perspective. I can't explain.

No comments:

Post a Comment